Shorten URL – Best shortening URL links
And although we use them often, many people do not know what exactly the benefits that can be derived from their use are not. So, since it is something more and more extended, we are going to see what the shortening of links are and to know better their functioning.
What is a URL shortener?
The first thing will be to see what a URL is. URL is the acronym for Uniform Resource Locator and is composed of a set of characters that are intended to define a web resource (post, image or any type of content) so that it can be located. It is what we all know as a link.
A Custom domain for short links is a service that facilitates the action of shortening that URL, giving it new characters and shortening the link to make it more manageable and easy to use.
Advantages of using a URL shortener
The use of Custom domain for short links for your web addresses has several benefits. Some of them are:
- Less space: We have already seen that in some social networks space is limited. Shortening the link means being able to have more space to define the message you want to convey.
- Improves aesthetics: In many cases the complete URL (domain name + all the Slug, which is the text in the URL of a specific content) becomes a “chorizo” of large dimensions. A short URL is more visually pleasing.
- Ability to customize it: Bitly, for example, allows you to personalize your already limited link. With this you can put an attractive name according to the content you have created and the message you want to send.
- Call to action: By customizing it you can convert the link into a “call to action” to increase the CTR of your actions.
- Obtaining metrics: Google and Bitly offer metrics on the shortened URL such as the origin of the clicks, number of these, most active users, etc.
- Share content: Shorten the URL allows you to program your content to share it on social networks through the tools to shorten urls.
- Analysis of the competition: As you can see the metrics of your links, you can check how the shortened links of the competition have been shared. A little benchmarking never hurts! 🙂
- Make money: Although it is complicated, some tools can pay you to use your links, but for this you will need a lot, a lot of traffic.
Short URL to gain space
The Branded domain for short links reduces the characters of the address we are going to use and gains space in the message. They began to be used as a result of the success generated in the social network of Twitter micro blogging since 140 characters do not give much. They stopped having a little sense when this platform stopped counting the length of the links. However, it is true that a shortened Branded domain for short links gains much more in sight in this social network.