Benefits & Drawbacks of Using Online Signature Solutions
A digital online signature is similar to physical signatures since they are unique to each signer. Digital signatures rely on Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) for greater security. Digitally signed documents feature a linked digital certificate. It verifies any document tampering or editing and identifies the signer and the moment they issue their signature. However, like every digital solution in the market, clients will experience benefits and drawbacks from using digital signature solutions. They are:
Every individual or business entity that uses online signature solutions receives the following benefits:
- Instead of taking the time to get and confirm an ink signature, a digital signature allows you to instantly verify the digital identity of signers and approve documents with the click of a mouse.
- Implementing safe digital document signing procedures saves time and money. Consider how handy it would be to click a mouse or make a few taps to sign documents.
- Digital signatures are far more secure than ink signatures due to strict adherence to protocols by solutions providers. It gives companies and individuals peace of mind that their data and assets are protected.
- Digital online signature solutions add value by providing clients with ease, convenience, adaptability, and control. Hence, more satisfied customers and a better image for the organisation.
- Using an online signature solution reduces the risk of human error by expediting the authentication and authorisation processes. In the long run, this may save time and money while improving overall performance.
Although everyone hates to admit it, every solution has a con or drawback. The drawbacks people can encounter from using an online signature solution are:
- Although we are living in a primarily digital economy, not everyone has access to a computer or mobile device. Moreover, some people, particularly the elderly, may lack technical understanding and require assistance in providing a digital signature for document signing.
- Specific circumstances can make an inked signature more straightforward to access than a digital online signature. Some examples are power outages, device damage and hardware failure.
- Some digital online signature providers offer subpar security. Before taking action, conduct thorough research on the digital signature provider and software you are considering.
- Despite the apparent advantages, more traditional clients or partners may acquire a bias towards using a digital online signature and question its reliability.
A digital online signature is a modern means of identifying and certifying people, documents, messages, and more. Due to the exponential rise of digital technology, more businesses are producing, storing, and sending information electronically.
Dedoco’s decentralised platform enables digital communication to track and sign crucial documents. They seek to help with cost savings and the replacement of paper-based activities. Most countries need corporate solutions to capture both electronic and digital online signatures. They ensure collaboration with identifying systems to increase trust, authenticity, and validity in public and private identification systems. Dedoco also offers version control that allows users to handle several document versions while keeping a clear audit trail of modifications and improvements per digital identity. Learn more about Dedoco and its digital signature solutions by visiting its website.